Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I've been thinking...

...yes, I do that - SOMETIMES! Anyway, in no particular order here are some of my thoughts...

1. Why the fuckeroonie couldn't I be a student today, and spend the day at home faffing, instead of coming here to work to do the exact same thing! A little rain (ok a lot more than usual) threw the city into a frenzy... and of course the media really went to town with the whole thing - what was that all about? Sad to see a certain newspaper going cuckoo with its recent headlines - I mean, which smart ass gets to write the headline huh?? Spazolas I tell ya!

2. In the recent couple of months I've realised how many "things" yes worldly goods I WANT! First came the washing maching, then the fridge (which was group effort, and of course a must have), and now the new cell phone! Well it was long pending - not that I'd ever considered upgrading the old one (which was my most precious possession) until it refused to come back to life! Which is closely related to my next thought...

3. Sometimes in order to break ties - completely - I think it may be important to give up/ destroy/ or simply not use something that reminds you of the tie-breaker! It has worked in the past when an anklet I used wear broke, and soon enough I realised that months went by without a thought of him! I'm not sure if it will work again tho', 'coz with this tie-breaker I somehow always find something to cling too! Tho' the phone is out of the way, last night I dug out an old kurta to sleep in!! *shake my own head in disapproval*

4. The effort I put in at the gym on the in-between days that I do go there, will be of no use if I :
  • don't go 4 days a week!
  • continue to drink obscene amounts of beer
  • eat rice for dinner (even) like a south indian when really I grew up on bread/ roti's for dinner... dinner was a light meal, not an "oh my god I'm starving" pig out session!
  • make angry faces at my gym instructor and make him feel bad that my muscles are aching! (This happens everytime I got back after long breaks! ... preparing for it today!)

5. Tho' I often whine about being single, presently I'm quite happy on my own, considering the rapid increase in the rate of deterioration of relationships in the world around me. I also wonder could distance make the heart grow fonder? Or are you simply tempted to stray?

6 Comments:

Blogger blaiq said...

Am glad you are at least thinking of the tie-breaker concept. Believe me, it works.

8:20 am  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

Please don't worry about the gym... I go only twice a week and the lady said 2 sessions of cardio and 1 session of weights is enough per week. Of course, the alcohol and food consumption you have to be careful with but I think I'm eating more now that I'm working out ;)

9:09 pm  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Iquewy... you can't say I'm not trying!

PL... hope your instructor is right! Ya, I gotta do something about the food & drinks! Refused to drink a beer last night, think I'll keep that for weekends as far as possible!

11:34 pm  
Blogger Rat said...

Im glad youve got your OWN phone now :). Enough of holding onto those memories i say.

9:59 pm  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Rat... *hang my head in shame!*

11:47 pm  
Blogger Anoopa Anand said...

Muuuch hugs.

5:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home