Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Exerpts from the travel book - II




15-06-05, Dubai
Moroccan Bath... a.k.a scrub with steelwool!

If you've ever wondered what the base of burnt "dekchi" feels like when its charred remains are being scrubbed away - book yourself in for a MOROCCAN BATH!

Day 10 of my phoren holiday was meant for our day of relaxation and beauty treatment before the wedding. So about 12 of us - aunts, cousins, sister, neice marched off to the parlour for some well deserved pampering... well, atleast thats what I had in mind!!

After half an hour of waiting my turn I got called up to the Hammam, where I was stripped down to my chaddies by this masseuse, that turned out to be this battle-axe dominatrix! Shocked - out of my wits - having buckets of water thrown at me... like when you clean your car or something - she could've just used a hose!

Then I was smeared with some goop! Moroccan soap it seems! It smelled disgusting, and thanx to my uncomfortable fidgeting about, I even managed to get some in my eyes - thats when I was sure it was soap! Well you try lying still on a wet doctors bed when you have soap all over you! Had to hold on for dear life to not slide off a couple of times! And then bring on the steam!!! This wasn't exactly the sexy sauna type thing you see in the movies - this was STEAM in your face - up your nose - clouding your eyes (already burning with that soap-goop) - all over you! I had to wiggle myself towards the door, just to get it open a little & let some air in. And also to yell out to The Battle Axe, that 20 mins of sweating it out wasn't my idea of relaxation!

And THAT was only the beginning! Back in a lousy ass mood - she got on her amunition and it was time for war! My body didn't belong to me any longer! I was in the merciless hands of the Dominatrix! Or rather Exfoliating Glove of the tyrant! As I winged in agony she scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed away! Now come to think of it, she probably thought my tan was fake, which is why she was SO vigorous! I felt like a rag doll, being turned and twisted and jostled about! Anyway, I'm happy I got out of there alive! Her partner in crime who was on the other side of the screen working on my aunt kept laughing at me, saying I was being a drama queen! I ain't no drama queen dude, I just wasn't prepared for THIS!

I got out of there red as a tomato, and felt battered and bruised, and just passed out - there in the parlour!! However, I must admit, the next day my skin looked gorgeous - if I may say so myself! A picture for proof ...ok Bru's skin is glowing too - but i'm the one with the tan!!

Moral of the story:
1. No pain. No gain!
2. Be warned!

Hope you enjoy your MB!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rat said...

You loook gorgeus baby !!! That color is awesome.

4:39 am  
Blogger Ostrich said...

Wah! Glowing like a happy chocolate eating pregnant woman! Beauteous!

12:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home