Monday, August 08, 2005

Dream Wash!


After my temporary mind-fuck over that song, a couple of beers down and my weekend was looking F-I-N-E once more!!!

I bought a washing-machine!! And tho' its probably not as blog-worthy as perhaps, "I'm so proud I bought a ...HUMMER" - Its my first proper house-hold purchase! May be even a sign of settling down. Even though in my heart I believe this is a transitional living arrangement! Afterall its got wheels!!!!!!!!

Strangely its actually one of the first things I dreamt I'd buy when was young! Ya, not a teevee, or a kick-ass music system, but a washing machine... I said that would be the first thing I'd buy when I was working! Well I've been working a damn long time, and only just realised that dream, that began when I shifted out of home into boarding school - ten years ago! All thanks to a lousy "dhobi" that would take a month to return our laundry. So there was no way I could give him my uniforms unless I had 30 sets!!! Every night after dinner we'd be bent over buckets and basins scrubbing the greyness out of erstwhile white uniforms! Sometimes even waking up from our sleep to realise we'd worn the last set and had to sneak to the washroom at 1:30am and get scrubbing! And, then of course pray that it would be dry the next morning. I'll be really proud when I can buy a couple for the school dorm! That'll be cool!

The Dragons are thrilled, but the maid's ecstatic!!! Shook my hand and all! And is just dying to fiddle around! Here's when I have to say, its really not one of those funky fully automatic things, but its good enough for me and my homies! And sure is a relief to the maid ... and our sorry ass clothes that get beaten up by her everyday!! Anyway here's what it looks like (yes, its an image off the net 'coz I don't have a funky digital yet!)

PS. Sorry I didn't actually link my last post to the song. Well now I'm thinking "who gives a shit!" But it is a nice song... so if you really want to you can always turn to GOOGLE!

PPS. I also started using a cupboard again! Ever since the holiday I've been living out of a suitcase! But then the dear Dragon Zu Hoo was kind enough to help me get started again, and neatly transferred everything into my new cupboard! All in all, its been kind a rather domestic weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rat said...

WOW !!! A washing machine.... Tart thats really a dream !! K***a can put up her legs and chill now.

7:57 am  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

THAT ONLY! She's making a fuss to swap washing duties with making roti's!!

9:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home