Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bombay beckons!

I'm going to Bombay at the end of this week on work. And tho' I'm no good at expressing how excited I am in words, I sure am!!!! ...may be the excessive use of exclamation marks may indicate something! Trouble is I'm an excessive exclamation mark user even when I'm not half as excited.

Its been almost 9 months since the last trip which was just plain insane in the membrane!!!! And I'm hoping this will be the same... or may be a knotch or two up! We were there for a conference/ exhibition, and the first three days I had my head on a platter waiting to be carved by my dear Boss! Must admit, if it had been the previous place I was working, I'd have been chopped up into little bits & even fed to the dogs... hats off to this guy tho'! Well the sad part of it all, was that I was on this ridiculous month of detox! I was surrounded by 5 bars; we were serving my favourite white wine from our own stall; and up in our room we had about 80 bottles of wine chilling in the bath tub!!! AND I WAS ON DETOX!!! The pressure caved in - after the show was over, and I spent a rather drunken & disorderly weekend with my favourite Nair siblings in their cozy little home!

The partying continued on through the week, though my throat was sore, and we were definitely coming down with fever. So to combat the diseases and still have a good time, we turned to brandy & honey & pepper & warm water!!! Chinks & me finished an entire jar of honey, and belted our lungs out that night!

That was Bombay for me last trip, am sure hoping to push it up a bit this time! Fingers & toeses crossed!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first comment i am ever posting! have fun in bombay. Don't get fried by the so called sweet boss. Remember, what happens in bombay, STAYS IN BOMBAY!

5:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey....if u going for the retail conference then ul see a familiar face from blore.so there u have a friend to go out and smoke.
Have fun!
I want brandy and honey again:)
chinks

6:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd.........R u Going to MEET HIM?????????/
chinks

6:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aah..sooper! come on come on (rubs hands)

9:10 am  
Blogger Rat said...

Who is this him ??? Why are you not online so I can question you ??

9:36 pm  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Anon ... thanx for the advice dear! thanx for hot chocolate! thanx for the note! thanx for getting my clothes ironed! i miss you already :(

Chinks... you still read this space?! i'll miss you SO much - you know that. at the conference and at Soul Fry!

Sac... get the drinkses ready dahling! and tell those bloody Nairs! and send me nos. pls!

Rat-a-tat-tat... who is that?! ;) remember it don't matter till it matters... heee heee ha ha

11:13 pm  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

I think rum is as good as brandy in combating silly bacteria that try to take over our bodies! But when the partying ends, the bacteria comes back with a vengence!

12:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home