Thursday, October 06, 2005

Beach bums...

In what has become my fortnightly blog, cheers to another entry! As much as I hate to admit it, I have become quite busy in this last month, and sadly it actually HAS been work related! In the middle of the real work ruffling me around, I do of course take the time to look up & just stare out the window and close my eyes tight so I see bubbles in my eye-lids! I think this also, keeps me at work longer!! I don't mind... I need these distractions to get me through the day!

The last month has been a lot of travel which I have enjoyed to bits! Bombay was great! Sleepless nights! My Nair Sister-hood! The saxy Sac-in-city!! Lots of sea-food! Lots of beer! And I met a new friend! ...well someone I've been in touch with for a while now - it was nice to meet & have a chat over a couple of beers & sea-food! (I have only recently discovered what a sea-food junkie I am) Well I guess its always nice to meet over beer & sea-food!

Anyway, enough about that! I'll tell you where else I went... Mysore (about 3 or 4 times!), Mangalore (again!), and to God's own country! Kerala is truly beautiful... all the tourist advertising stuff is true it seems! Even though the trip was hectic and we covered 4 cities (Calicut, Thrissur, Cochin & Trivandrum) in 2 days, we got to relax quite a bit (between the work talk) during the long long drives through the state. Very very green and pretty! Yesterday before we left Trivandrum we even drove down to Kovalam (which is about 15 km (or less?) out of Trivandrum, and had lunch by the sea! The Leela Kovalam is just soooo nice!!! sigh... sigh... sigh!!!! Highly recommended ...coz its not AS expensive as most luxury beach resorts... (this is still far from my budgeted travel, of course!) This is when I wish I had a digi-cam, we had lunch by the infinity pool which over looks the ocean, and of course it pained my heart to think I couldn't take a dip!! (Especially since I always carry my swimwear wherever I go... including the Himalayas... where I did indeed go swimming... yup I'll save that for another time!)

Anyway, being so close and yet so far, made me decide (no turning back!) that I am going to the beach next week! And I even bought tickets today!!! So far its us Daffodils again... Mrs. Tote, The Ostrich and me! Not sure if the rest of our fellow beach bums will join us... but that we'll know soon. We're off to our all time favourite beach in the country Gokarna! Well its also one of the cheapest, most relaxing and fun places to go to - and safe too! (Fingers crossed - touch wood! blah! blah! blah!) Well after 5 trips there these last couple of years, this may just be the last one... what with the amount of publicity the town has been getting (and bloody fancy-shmancy hotel thats up!), its not soon that it will go the Goa way... anyway, here's hoping it hasn't already become too crowded!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharmon said...

Hey, i like Goa, yummier food there :p Btw, you inspired me to write another post on my things blog :) Please do drop by Miss Moo!

12:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Il be heading to the hills i think so damn il miss iy again...............have fun!
Chinks

11:22 pm  
Blogger Ostrich said...

Yay, off we go. The daffodils shall go a-dipping again!

2:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home