Thursday, September 08, 2005

How high do Dragon's Fly?

I just saw a "----" (hint: collective noun) of dragon flies just whizz past my window on the 13th floor.

Its quite a pretty view from up here. This aint exactly Manhattan, so ours is probably the 5th tallest building in Bangalore - correct me if I'm wrong. We face the east - the reason I know this, is because my work involves studying the map every 2 & a half days! So thats the Airport and ITPL, Cable Bridge and The Leela in the distance. Sometimes it seems like I can see planes literally touch down - but for that of course you have the most fantastic view ever from the Technopolis offices outside the airport boundary wall.

The other day we saw what could've well been mistaken as ITPL Day, what with all the buildings being lit up. It turned out to the most brilliant reflection of the sun (setting way across in the west) off some very swank glass buildings! Way to go ITPL!

We've had quite an overdose of rain this year - not a patch on Bombay tho! But its given me more distractions to gaze at! Nice watching the rain move in... blurring out the whole city. One afternoon tho' I had an "Oh My God "... kinda exprience. We saw the end of the rainbow - well practically both ends. One end landed in the middle of this clearing (well its part of some Defence land) and the other on the terrace of the building across the street. Unfortunately none of us had swanky cameras to capture that - but it was a picture for Corbis! Truly, truly amazing - couldn't quite spot the pot of gold tho!

You can tell how much work I get done!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Permalink
Posted by Evan Derkacz at 6:12 AM on September 8, 2005. On 9/11 survivors of Katrina will march on the DC Mall and camp out.
Hello, you have a awsome blog here! I will bookmark it and tell some friends!
I have a free money site. It tells how to get free money and assistance including government grants, housing grants, and small buisness grants.
Check it out if you get time :-)

6:24 am  
Blogger aporup said...

this is in reply to ur query on me blog. thought i'd say it someplace ur sure to check. i knew ur dad in the middle to late eighties. and not the seventies! anyway, hope ur behaving urself, little tina. and nice to have had u come around my blog.

10:26 am  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

What do you do?

8:09 pm  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Anonymous... show me tha money!!!

Boomsa... our beer's getting stale... its been too long!

Aporup... was just checking!

PL... work @ a real-estate consultancy, but what do i do??? i gaze outta the window, yeah, thats what i do!! ;)

9:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home