Monday, December 10, 2007

Cruisin...

Its the end of the year, and I’m thanking my stars for the excellent travel luck I’ve had all year! I’m not sure if I should ramble on with my update of the year that’s been or just ramble on about the excellent luck that’s still coming my way!!! I think I’ll save the update for another post... hopefully I’ll keep up the fairly decent posting!

Yesterday I got back from 4 blissful days spent in Candolim, Goa with my school friends – Sha, Fruiti & KP... and their respective spouses. Sha’s boyfriend only reached on the evening I was leaving, so we were roomies for the trip. We spent our days swimming, lying on the beach, eating calamari & prawns and drinking Kings! And in the night we’d drink wine and bond, lying on the beach looking for shooting stars and making wishes for me to find a spouse or many spices!!!!! Hehe! On the last night we also took the most ridiculous drunken pictures (which I fortunately don’t have copies off!)

In 4 day’s I’ll be off to Singapore again – I don’t fucking believe it – considering they wouldn’t let me back into the country when I had to return to India from Vietnam 2 months ago!! On Sunday we board the Star Cruise to Penang and Phuket on an office holiday! As awesome as the entire thing sounds, I’m still a bit skeptical about being trapped between the Devil (Boss!) and the deep blue sea – quite literally!!! My dear dear friend (who never fucking reads this blog anymore, so I shouldn’t bother making him feel important!) suggested I should try teetotal-ling at sea! Soul searching, reading (I have a couple of hundred pages of Shantaram to go – I can’t believe I’ve gotten through 600 pages!), meeting new people, basking in the sun (I’m not sure this is a good idea in my present crispy brownness!) and general (pre-Christmas) detox is what he’s suggested. I’ve been thinking about it, and tho’ its probably the best plan – considering my office allowance will probably only buy me 3 drinks @ Singapore rates – I’m not sure I’ll survive sober with work people around me 24x5...eeeehh!!

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions for what I should do sober on a boat.. and also what I should do in Penang and Phuket, please do write in! I haven’t done any research – infact I haven’t even read the cruise itinerary yet!

Over and out!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What to do in Phuket and Penang when you are sober? I can only make suggestions for one half of the above - and I already have.

As for what I read and don't, my suggestion is - don't assume anything.

Happy cruising, anyway.

PS: Am glad to see you're seriosly considering the option :)

3:31 am  
Blogger blaiq said...

Wonder why it says anonymous - it wasn't a deliberate attempt to mask my identity.

3:32 am  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

Hey cool... that's a pretty cool office, taking you on an overseas cruise and all... I also did one ages ago from Singapore... it was heaps of fun drinks notwithstanding... there's like competitions and pools and spas and board games and even karaoke :-) Have a blast and I will see you in Madras real soon... WOO FREAKING HOO!!

11:43 pm  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Blaiq - its an honour to have you here :-)
PL - see you sooooooon :-)

3:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home