Friday, September 28, 2007

Singapore to Saigon

@ Midnight on Monday I begin my long awaited journey to la la land! I head from Bangalore to Singapore (where I'll spend a few days with close friends) and then on to Vietnam!

I've been planning this trip for close to 5 months now. Well more than planning, the task was to save some money so I could afford to bugger off!!! And touch wood I'm all set & ready & waitingggg!!!!!!

The excitement is killing me, and I can't seem to do an ounce of work! Lucky for me, everyone at work is just as excited and not giving me anymore work to do!!! I've also been happily handing over jobs left right & centre!! DELEGATION, I think I'll continue the trend when I get back ;-) hehehe!

Anyway, so far on my list of to dos...
Laundry - to doooo, ugghh!
Hair Cut - done
Buy Shampoo & other bath stuff - done
Buy Batteries & film stuff - done
Convince Benny to lend me his i-pod - doing!
Print Info. - almost done
Wax - to do
Self pedicure - to do
Travel Insurance - done
Currency - waiting for the man with the money as I type
Practise riding a scooter - this weekend, I hope
Buy medicines - to do
Buy cigarettes for Miss Bul & me - to do
Buy Old Monk for Liz - to do
General presents - done

I hope I haven't left anything out, coz if I have, it means I'll never remember till I'm on the plane, hitting my head!!!! eeeeee!!! Already have butterflies in my tummy!!!

When I'm there (in Singy), the plan is to just hang out and chill with my friends on the first 3 days, drink LOTS being the POA! and, then wait for my cousin to reach and do the touristy stuff on the next 2 days.

We fly to Saigon on the 8th. I love the name Saigon, its so much more exotic than Ho Chi Minh City! Gawdddd I can't wait to get there! eeeeeee!!! Ok so from Saigon we go to Hanoi for a night, & then off to Halong Bay - for a night on a junk boat - fingers crossed the weather is good & we get bookings etc, coz I have nothing booked yet!!!! Then back to Saigon, and on to the gorgeous little island of Phu Quoc with my friends, for the weekend! Then we head to Shoe Paradise... a small town called Hoi An, which also happens to be a UN Heritage Village! Lets hope my footwear demons get their fill ;-)

Next month this time, I'll be back in good ol' Bangalore, hopefully uploading pictures & telling more stories & wearing some funky new footwear! In the mean while, Tạm biệt và may mắn!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid said...

i envy you!!! here i am, several whiskies later, wondering what i'm going to be doing for my december hols..and nothing seems to working out...

u have fun in singa and saigon...and don't forget the photos...looking forward to all the details...

10:01 am  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

Bon voyage dear... sure you'll have a blast!!

9:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeeeeee!! You will have a lot of fun Tartums. Come back with stories!

12:03 am  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

I see from your FB status that you are back!! Please update blog with stories and photos! My blog desperately needs your love... I've reopened commenting :-)

@Jax: Who's the blog snob now huh? Keep removing your blog... not leaving comments on mine. Cmon, hop to it... go leave comment!

11:33 pm  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Rael... the mind is willing but the fingers are weak!!! i just got my pictures.. so you'll prob see em on FB quicker! but stories will be up in good time :)

PL - ditto! and i'm glad you've re-opened comments.. will visit shortly!

Jax - yeah had a blast!

1:11 am  
Blogger hellfire said...

BEEE-EEEWWW-TE- PHOOL!!

Are all the pics ups already??

7:18 am  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

HELLO???????

7:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home