Monday, September 03, 2007

This used to be my playground

I got a call from my sister last week to tell me my old home - in Calcutta had been demolished. We lived on campus in a school, and I'd heard the buildings were heritage sites which weren't supposed to be pulled down - but left to ruin on their own (hmmm, how kind)! Either way, it made me feel awful everytime I went back to visit and see our home looking like a deserted ghost house!!! For a while they made our lawn a dumping ground for old, unwanted furniture, unused building material, garbage - the works! Considering it was the place I grew up in till I turned 16 - and new every crack & crevice off - it was horrible to get a weird eery feeling when I once attempted to enter the building, & found it cobwebby, dark & filthy!!! Together with the building I wonder if they've erased the ghosts of our past.

Here's a Google Earth image - I just had to see for myself if the building had really been pulled down or not. The gap between the 2 white-outlined squares is where I lived! Top floor, Qr. No. 7 (I think)!! Since I'm tripping down memory lane, thought I'd add a few more moments on the map of my wonder years!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the happy memories remain moo :)

5:47 am  
Blogger Its all Maya said...

It will always be your playground. Always!

2:06 am  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

Oh, how sad!! But at least it will always be standing in your mind!!

10:40 pm  
Blogger hellfire said...

who were you making out on the field???

7:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home