Thursday, June 28, 2007

Please don't let it rain on my parade!

Tomorrow this time I'll be on a train making my way to the god forsaken little village of Srikakulam!!! Its a place I've known off ever since I can remember my cook & his family going to their "mullook" when we came to Bangalore every Christmas. But that's about all I know, till I googled it today!

About 9 or 10 years ago, I planned to do a trip there for (my cook) Jiggy's older daughter's wedding. Unfortunately being in college, and bound by standard holidays I didn't make it. This Sunday is his younger daughter's wedding. And if all goes as per plan - and floods don't leave me stranded somewhere along the way - I'll finally make it there by Saturday afternoon. Here's a satellite image of the globe... the pink star is where I'm going to, and I've tried to show you the Indian Peninsular!




Hope I survive the rains, and pray that my dear friend Yespari starts her life as a happy wife!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hullo Ms. Tartra,
I am happy you are coming to very near to village Bismal Royal Nepal Kingdom. I can tempt you to make extar trouble to visit my village Bismal? Please have a good wedding. And be not travelling alone with many boys. Please take Ms. Spaceman Spiff or Ms. Bacchus for accompaniment. Also pack food and water and raincoats.
Regards,
Mr. S M Thapa BME

4:50 am  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

welcome back SM Thapa! Bacchus isn't a Miss, he's a Mister! ;-)

4:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a b&^*$y! Ms. bacchus is a man? Ha ha, I am sure you are playing the mind games with me. You are very clever lady, Ms. tartra, becuase I can tell signs of wonderful feminity from Ms. Bacchus writing syle even in internet space. what a turning of phrase, what a choice of words Ms. Bacchus is having. Lovely Ms. bacchus!
But I am taking too much of your time. Please have a good fun.
Mr. S M Thapa BME

5:34 am  
Blogger Its all Maya said...

Mr. Thapa, I must tell you Bacchus is a Mister. Since you have pointed out that you can tell signs of wonderful feminity from Bacchus, I'm definitely going to dedicate a post to Bacchus!
I will gladly come to Bismal, but why bring Ms. Tartra?!

10:21 pm  
Blogger Su said...

Sounds like fun :)

12:46 am  
Blogger bacchus said...

Dear Mr. SM Thapa BME

I like the sound of your hometown Bismal.

I would like to visit it someday. Without Tartazina and Spaceman Spiff for I would like your complete attention. As far as Miss Tartra and Spaceman, do not believe a word of what they say. They are not to be trusted. They are very wicked.

I remain,
your humble friend,

Bacchus.

PS: What does BME stand for?

9:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Ms. Bacchus,
Lovely it is to read your message. I am loving all of you equal heart. In village Bismal is good proverb: 'The tree is loving all the fruits,
Jelous are becoming the roots."
Good, no?
Please to welcome to Bismal, Ms. Bacchus. I am sure that you will like it the village. But please mind the dung on the road only.
Good question you are asking regarding BME. Actually it is title given to my great grandfather, Mr. G S Thapa many many time ago by one Mr. British called Mr. Schackle. Now I am also forgetting what is BME. But is good sound, no?
Loving,
Mr. S M Thapa BME

8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home