Saturday, June 03, 2006

Of Travel, Rain, and a Tribute to the Auto Drivers of Bombay...

  • After almost one whole month in Bangalore, I finally got out of the city for 2 days. Tho' I'd been quite happy to spend so much time in Bangalore, I was excited to travel again! Except for the packing & early morning flights, I just LOVE travelling. And after a month and a half of not hanging out, people are even happier to see you! So there was much love showered this time!

  • It rained, and HOW!?!! We took the rain with us from Bangalore to Mumbai - and cooled the city down a bit. When we landed on Tuesday morning, it was - according to a friend who lives there - pretty cool weather: and I thought I'd melt away!!! Even tho the sky was overcast, the humidity must've been 90%! Anyway by the night there was lightening and thunder and RAIN!!! For the first showers of the season, it was quite a downpour. I think the piddly trickles we experience in Bangalore have made me forget the "norwesters" & full on stormy weather I've grown up with in Cal! Anyway, to say the least - my lovely raincoat that works just fine in Bangalore, left me wringing wet in Mumbai!!!

  • The thing I love most about Bombay are its auto drivers. And each time I return home, I can't help but snarl at these bastard-bitches here in Bangalore! "one & a half", "extra" or worse still "NO!" Here's a tribute to the auto drivers in Bombay - even at midnight on a stormy night - You Rock!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rat said...

Dont you have more stories to tell us from Bombay ?

3:28 am  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

i wish i did my dear Ratty! alas... not yet! ;-)

2:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's an uncharacteristically sunshine-filled day here in kent and am about to leave office and stroll the 1 km home. sloshy roads and smoky autos truly seem half a world away today...

9:47 am  
Blogger Kochukandhari said...

It's true, Bombay autos and taxis rock, I remember taking one in the middle of a waist deep flood and still being charged by the meter. Incredible.

1:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home