Thursday, March 09, 2006

This day 11 years ago...

...I rolled over and found my Aunt sleeping beside me instead of Anna
...I knew something was wrong, rolled back and went to sleep
...Jiggy woke me up with my coffee with Mama beside him
...Ma told me that Da passed away
...I didn't feel anything.
...I forced some tears out - I figured it was a bit psychotic to not cry
...gulped down my coffee and got out of bed
...saw my Grandma and THAT's when it hit me
...went to church with her ...by which time my eyes were like unstoppable water taps
...got home to a house full of visitors
...I don't remember eating breakfast - which has always been a MUST HAVE in the Hennessy Household
...Rolf, Anna and I stood on the balcony and heard the Boy's school Principal announce my Dad's passing
...I just wanted to hug Rolf sooooo tight, but I didn't
...got dressed and trotted off for my ICSE Physics paper
...I'd saved about 3 chapters to study in the morning ...BAD IDEA!
...ran into teachers and friends who offered their condolence
...It hit me again when I saw Sha
...we sat in the Dining Hall, took a walk on the field, talked a little
...Sha and me were allowed to enter the exam hall 10 mins after the others, didn't have to queue
...They said a prayer for my dad and my family before the bell rang
...Finished my paper in record time... must've been the 3 chapters I'd left out!!
...Came out of the exam hall (which happened to be our Upper Nursery Classroom) and felt this gush of emotion drown me
...Ran home, quick change and went to Sangho's place to study CHEMISTRY!
...Didn't even give the family or my Dad a single thought, for me, right then it was Acids, Bases and Salts.... ugghhh, and I remember not a clue!!!!
...Got home at 6 to glug back another mug of coffee and ran off to Guriya's (I can't remember her real name) place, coz her dad was a Chemistry Teacher... so just in case we needed some help... of course I was beyond all help!!!!!
...At about 9.30pm, Jiggy came to tell me there were some of Dad's Rugby Team friends waiting to see me at home
...I just didn't want to meet anyone, so I took my own sweet time and made sure I got home after they left
...I can't remember dinner either
...Mama, Rolf, Anna, Dax (her boyfriend at the time), Shimana, Putti (her school friends) and me sat in our bedroom chatting
...I'll never forget how devastated Anna Loo was... her tears were enough for me too

Thats a lot of memories for a single day of my life.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Hugs Tart! I don't have anything witty to say so I'll keep hugging.

P.S. *I* read your blog.

5:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know what u mean....but we ok now and thats imp..take care. rajni

7:37 pm  
Blogger ninetieschild said...

ur family names hennessey?? ur forefathers mustve been one helluva bunch of alcoholics!

9:03 pm  
Blogger Strawberries, Organic said...

I just posted a comment. But i think it disappeared in cyber space. So, here goes, again.

I was in the same school. And i attended that morning assembly. And though I didn't really know you, or your father, or anyone in your family, I cried. It was as though my tears could help me reach out to a relative stranger. A gesture lost in time. This is my way of trying once again to tell you how sorry I was.

9:30 pm  
Blogger Rat said...

*Hugs* ! Talk soon.

9:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also read babe. Big hug.

10:04 pm  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Mint... thankew :)
Chinks... you nose it!
Icy... you bet, its in my genes ;)
Starry... is there a reason i can't post comments on your blog???? its very strange i've tried 4 times in 5 mins!!! anyway, just wanted to same for the 5th time - this time on my blog - its a strange small world!
My Rat... hugsa!
Lavi... why no comments for proof eh??! hehe!
Banana... hegga hegga hegga hegga!

5:31 am  
Blogger Anoopa Anand said...

Kissy.

3:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moo....tight hugs for you baby! :) Zu

3:45 am  
Blogger Su said...

Awww......never posted a comment on your blog before. It was a very touching post.

I'm sorry ......*hug*

11:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home