Monday, May 22, 2006

A time for Family...

Yesterday was my gran's 79th birthday. Funny thing is her sister (who must be 77 I'm guessing) got her number (7 & 9) candles for the cake (...to save us from burning down the house!), and the wick of the 9 was on the wrong side - so it read 76! In addition to the numbers, they also got her some of those prankster candles that don't go out! Its sweet what they think of doing for each other at that age. I've got a gazzillion pictures of my gran bent over that damn cake, blowing all the candles out, coming up for air and then bent over again, and again, and again!!!! She looked hilarious (coz she's quite tall!) and the table was pretty low. And she just DIDN'T get it!!!!! One more try & I'm sure her false teeth would've landed on her butter-scotch & coffee cake!!! Was a fun afternoon! I mixed them some PIMMS (that Bri'ish stuff!) which SHE (my gran) was sooo apprehensive to try, and then she happily polished off the last glass and all the fruit!!! My gran cooked Khausuey... I know its sad for the birthday girl to be working on her brithday, but cooking in that house is all by remote control - they have a hundred maids!!! (And thats almost true!) And she (remote control) cooks about twice a year anyway!!! Khausuey's one of my favourite dishes, its the burmese taste buds from my grandad's side, and I've got to learn to cook it soon!


My brother and I decided to take a little walk up the road from my gran's place on our way home, instead of jumping into the first auto we found! What began as just a little stroll, that meant about half a km, ended up being half way home (~ 3.5km)! The weather was purfic :) and so was the mood! We caught up on a lot of stuff. Though he's been living with me for the last 3 weeks, we haven't really had any quality chats about life and all that, so this was nice! By default we had dinner together! He's leaving this week, and I know he'll miss me and my dragons ... Mr. Fings be honoured, you've got yourself an entire paragraph on Tartrazina! I'll miss you too... just a little bit ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home