Monday, February 25, 2008

You can go your own way

Gone for good: Chat with The One that used to be THE ONE
Friday evening began with a quick escape out of office and straight to my new favourite bar - Noon Wines! They serve the strongest sweet red wine I've ever drunk - and I'm usually not fond off port or other sweet home-made wines, but a cold glass of this truly kicks ass!!! Anyway, after a sooper evening with Zoo hoo, my ex colleague, and 2 gentlementals who were entertaining and protected us from a bunch of idiot men sitting at the next table!!

Anyway we chased plenty of glasses of wine with plenty of glasses of beer to save ourselves from being swept off the floor at midnight! And got home to The Rat, Miss Bul, and my New Year’s Eve Fellow Barman - and continued our maniacal finishing off beers! Sometime midway between being drunk and VERY drunk I got online and had a chat with The One that used to be THE ONE – who in all honesty is no longer The One! But 4 glasses of wine and many beers down things turned quite different!!!! Its shocking how when you’re drunk you can still type alright – and manage to say exactly what you’re not supposed to – for your own sanity and HIS!!! I still believe he’s the sooperbest person ever but that’s about it – and truly there was absolutely no need to express it like I did!!! Anyway, ever since I’d like to bury my head in the sand and get a good tan all over!!!

What’s weird is that before I began to type this post I opened up Radio Blog looking for my favourite song The Way I Am, and instead got Fleetwood Mac’s Go Your Own Way – so here goes a dedication to The One that used to be!



Speaking of going your own away… Zoo hoo moved out yesterday. And it didn’t hit me till I got home in the evening from my gran’s place and realized she was actually GONE! Felt a pang of sadness, cause tho’ she’s moved only a few streets away, it won’t be the same without her. Strangely I haven’t been at home to say bye to any of the girls when they’ve left. Was in Paris when The Linguini moved, at work when Bert left and at my gran’s yesterday. Guess it’s just something about goodbyes that brings out the worst in me! Anyway to Zoo hoo – I don’t know if you’ll read this space anytime soon, but cheerses to you my dahling – you’re going to be very very happy in your new little home :-) !

I was bound to have a very depressed evening yesterday, but fortunately we got to go to another kick-ass concert – Kurtis King & Band – some sooper cool jazz, blues & rock’n’roll! And a very entertaining lead vocalist called Leroy who unbelievably turned out to be 62 years old! I’ll try and post a picture of him tomorrow.

Till then – tootles and good night!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Was great hanging out on Friday my dear... and these random pangs of feeling from the past are inevitable.. We are all senti fools after all !!!!

10:46 am  
Blogger longblackveil said...

Dear Drunk and Disorderly
Dropped in again through a Boomsa's blog ad louuuuwww your playlist. And your gentlemental stories. Tee hee, titter titter.

12:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New home is lowely but just not the same without you 3!!! :'(
Tuesday's over darling....3 more days and it's 'Lethal wine' time again! And this time you shall not be able to type straight! Heeheehaha!!

3:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home