Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine’s date with Jose Feliciano

At the end of a rather hectic day at work – where I didn’t get a chance to make any calls to swindle a free ticket to the Jose Feliciano concert – like the voice of angel I heard one of my colleagues talking out about the concert! She seemed like the last person on earth who’d go watch JF, so I casually asked what she meant – and accidentally swung myself a free bee!!!!

Eventually I had 3 free tickets and no one to go with! Another colleague went to the extent of driving us to the show gates and got put off by the lousy parking arrangements & went home! So there I was with spare passes, making calls to the people who I thought might like to be there – not realizing most of my self-respecting friends would’ve made V-day plans by 7.30pm on Feb 14th!!! And tho’ I knew Story No.3 would’ve loved to be there, he couldn’ve make it. Well I ended up having the best evening in a long long while – with no one I new around … except for the star himself!

I must’ve missed the first 3-4 songs, coz the show was already on when I walked in. Fortunately the show was in an auditorium with theatre seating so it didn’t really matter that I was alone – I didn’t have to stand around on my own, avoiding weirdos if it had been at Palace Grounds or somewhere! Or worse still at a hotel with free drinks avoiding drunken weirdos!!!

Well I didn’t know what to expect, coz I haven’t consciously listened to him music before, but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the familiar chords of Billy Gene begin! He was just fantastic!!! There was a beautiful Spanish love song in the middle – well it must’ve been a love-song coz it made me sad inside – and just for a moment I felt really alone on Valentines day! But minutes later I was back in the groove of things what with him belting out Light My Fire, and cracking us all up with impersonations of the Maharishi, Nat King Cole singing in Spanish & Enrique & Julio Eglesias singing in English!!! He was on a roll! I think I swooned when he started singing The first time ever I saw your face!!! Missed my dad – guess he was sitting in the empty seat next to me!



Ok I'm not too sure, how this is going to work - if My Funny Valentine keeps playing too! Experimental post! Think I need Saltwater Blues' expert advice!

2 Comments:

Blogger Its all Maya said...

Tarta! You seem to be living it up girlie.. How goes.. As you would say.. Many 'lovers and huggers' to you next year.. Muah muah!
P.S. Where is our fav comment person from his village in Bismal?kinda miss that stalker :)

2:11 pm  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

haha! i think the internet is down in Bismal!

12:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home