Wednesday, January 17, 2007

People in my neighbourhood

Chapter: Tartrazina's Trot to Work

...on the Sunny Side of the Street!

Ever Since we shifted into our new office just off Residency Road, I get my daily dose of excercise thanks to Bangalore Police's terrific road network planning! In the last leg of my journey, the one way route in an auto would take me a good 25 minutes more, which considering I'm usually running late is not worth the extra kilometers. The Pink is in an Auto and the Yellow is Tart's Trot!





So I walk instead. And the faces and places that make my days brighter...




Everyday I can't help pausing for a few seconds @ the Puma store. Its sooo pretty... I know the word I should use is funky - but its pretty in my head!!!!! Green ones, pinks one, blue ones, red ones, silver ones, yellow ones ... I want them ALL, and yet have none! Fortunately I've walked by when the store was open only ONCE - thus my urge to splurge has been thwarted!

Sometimes I wish I could spend a late morning in Pecos, sipping a beer and munching free popcorn!

If I'm lucky there'll be some hot yeng firangs gents that I might smile at - and as Banana, Bert or Zu can tell you, to get a smile out of me pre-11am is a rare but precious moment!!! :-)

If for some reason, I'm NOT on the sunny side of the street I usually pass the spas dog that sleeps outside the shops to the left! He looks like a dwarfed wolf - and I've rarely seen him awake! He makes me jealous of my ugly routine.

The other day I walked through a bunch of Tibetan Monks. Mrs. Tote thinks Tibetan Monks are hot! Does anyone else think the same? I didn't find them hot, but I guess they do have an air of mystery and calm!

Then there are the random breakfast options that keep my mind occupied as I trot down Brigade Road. I'm not particularly fond of coffee off late, so I usually dash into Nilgiri's for a sandwich & Mango Yogi. Or if there's time a Subway or Dosa @ Ballal's - which is soooper yummy, but not great for my tummy!

(Illustrations courtesy Google Earth!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid said...

It's a wonder you actually reach work. I, personally, would give in to temptation and give work the finger and chill at Pecos with beer and popcorn. Mmmmmm!!!

Nicely done with the images. Considering I have yet to figure out how to post pics in my blog, anyone who draws pink and yellow lines is a technical genius as far as I'm concerned.

7:56 am  
Blogger hellfire said...

nice work with the google earth thing.... good stuff.. i will read all of it.. ALL of it!!!

10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neato! Not only do I know now how to stalk you, I also know what to munch while I am doing it :D

5:42 am  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Rael - haha! thanx to work i've struggled for ages with site maps & plans, and i'm still no genius!

Hellfire - you don't HAVE to you know :)

Jax - if you do ever do it, i'd like a Tuna Sub and Mango Yogi doggy bag pls!

8:49 pm  
Blogger sac said...

nice one tarty..
when i come over to b'lore next you can skive off work and we'll do the yellow line walkabout ok?
mango yogis on me. (well.. not like that.. but if you insist)

11:48 pm  
Blogger Penny Lane said...

Oh god... don't even talk to me about walking to work... I live 2 km away perhaps but yes, walking, takes me only about 35 minutes... Anyhow, me and walking is a whole other "thing"... But yeah, nice to see blog updates man, after so long!

6:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss morning auto rides with you Ms. Moo....just for that I think it's time to get back to work! :)

12:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home