Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tribute to DragonVille, LIC


I miss my old home. The field in front. The steps inside. The terrace. The ladder to the roof. The skylight. The backyard. The jasmine tree. The slanting roof. The tiles. The screachy gate. The tree in front, growing into the window and sometimes touching the ground. The 2 sleeping trees - that folded like touch-me-nots in the night. The stupid whistle-blowing-guards patroling through the night. The choir of crazy howling dogs that only practise between 1:30 and 2:30am! The nutcase neighbours that beat their clothes clean from 7 in the morning! Bruno. And of course, our sweet, sappy, alcohol stealing maid Kanha.

Its been 10 days and I haven't been able to locate the new place on Google Earth yet!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the terrace and the sunshine and the night sky....and even the mosquitoes on the terrace! :)

Can't believe they cut down the tree and can't believe we did what we did yesterday Moo....quite a Bisau day I must say!

And Manjeet has NOT followed us to the new place....even if she has, she's not that scary anymore!

5:26 am  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

Banana - the gate is now black & white.

ZooHoo - haha! neither do i... was a "how bisau" weekend on the whole, don't y'think!?!

5:37 am  
Blogger Jax said...

Tart, I had the oddest dream last night. I saw a house with a field in front, a ladder to the slanting roof, a screechy gate and 2 sleeping trees and there was a swing that you didn't mention. I said to myself, in my dream, "This looks like Dragonville" I turn around and you are there playing with your niece. I come and say hi and introduce myself. You say hi and introduce me to your little niece and a 100 other relatives including three cousins of yours who looked like identical triplets. You disappear after that and your relatives insist I stay for dinner and put me up in a big dark room where I misplace my shirt!

I am not making this up. Dream interpreters anyone?

1:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home