Tuesday, August 20, 2013

So...

...before this becomes dormant again, let me ramble!

Last week was sooper hectic, what with our "English Camp" by the beach, and then my visa run to Bangkok. Bangkok was great - as it always is, except I was a bit exhausted from the bus ride to have too big a night out. We did however visit a FABULOUS Thai/Muslim restaurant in Silom. Michael had read about it here:http://www.eatingthaifood.com/2012/01/home-cooked-thai-muslim-food-and-khao-mok-gai-in-bangkok/
 and we'd been looking forward to it since. More so because I didn't get to cook biryani for Mike while he and Tae were on Samui.

I preferred the chicken biryani to the mutton version, but what really topped the charts was the beef mince & mutton dalcha, with chapatis. I've never chosen chapatis over rice - but these were SO good, I ate 2!!!! Tae ordered a delicious strawberry lassi - reminded me of the fresh strawberry ice-cream made by Naturals! Unfortunately we had no space for the rassmalai, jamuns and other sweet treats. I could've hugged their entire family, I was SO happy with the food. And the bill!!!!!! ALL 4 of us stuffed to capacity for 840 baht!


Yeah, so on that happy note, I think I'll go to sleep now!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home