Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Cinema Paradiso

The movie moves me every single time! Little Toto - that gorgeous little brat!

While watching the film this time, I couldn't help but remember the first time I saw it. At a friends place - a very special friend. I had reached half way through the film, so when it ended it didn't quite have the desired effect. But being the romantic love spas that I am, the "lurve" story got me mushy! So the next morning, I sat on my own to watch the entire film from start to finish - and thats when it hit hard! I missed my Dad. And, I missed the love I knew I was going to lose very soon. I didn't cry. Back then, I was too tough for tears.

This time I was in a cinema hall with hundreds of other film enthusiasts. I couldn't cry - there were just too many people! It hit harder this time. Its been 10 years since my Dad died, and its been 3 years since I lost that love. Their places haven't been replaced.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rat said...

aaaaaaaaw !!! its lovely.. will keep reading so u better keep updating !!! Love ya

1:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its strange how u miss out on people u love. Something tells me that they either dont see it or chose to ignore it...like we so often do it.

Till then we will still drink that beer, do some dance and hope that someone carries u off that hangover

1:18 am  
Blogger Ostrich said...

fly on my sweet angel....

9:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home