Sunday, June 11, 2006

27

1. I am a Hennessy and it troubles me deeply that I have no relation to Moet-Hennessy.
2. I have never studied in a co-educational institute but lived on the Boys School campus!
3. I spent my (mother's) Root Canal Treatment money on a holiday in Pondicherry, and went to a dental college to get my tooth yanked out a year later.
4. My first (and only) pet, was a wounded sparrow that lived for 3 days.
5. I am the shortest member of my immediate family, and I always thought my Mother was short.
6. At age 10 my vital statistics were - 24" - 24" - 24"!
7. One lonely train ride back from Chennai, I smoked a beedi with an old man sitting on the footboard.
8. I own a trumpet, and after lots of practice, I came quite close to playing Amazing Grace so people could identify it.
9. I've been to Disney Land and Universal Studios - its true Ratty!!!
10. One summer break I travelled from Calcutta to Murshidabad - Siliguri - Darjeeling and back for 2 days for a total of Rs.300/-, we paid a porter 10 bucks to exchange the last torn Rs.100 note we had between the 3 of us for dinner & bus fare home!
11. The first job I got paid for was as a swimming assistant at a club teaching little kids how to swim - I'd like to do this again, full time.
12. Dionne Warrick was my music idol, when she used to present a show called Solid Gold in the early 80's.
13. I wanted a "fish tail" dress after watching the Dianna Ross 'Chain Reaction' video!
14. I've been bitten by some strange South African insect that has left a 3 point scar on my neck.
15. I can whistle The Rose in harmony!
16. In my sporting times I've been on a Swimming Team, Athletics Team, Basketball Team, Soft ball Team, Cricket Team & Football Team - now I only play the fool!
17. I've been a victim of office romance - and I loved it!
18. The first music album that I ever bought was Samantha Fox - Touch me - because it came with a free poster!!! I was about 7yrs.old.
19. I would only buy Speedo swimwear - tho' ordinarily I have no brand preferences.
20. I agreed to "go out" with my first boyfriend only because he held my hand at a movie!
21. I didn't know how to take a print out, until my first day @ work @ Ogilvy.
22. Nothing compares to skinny dipping in the sea.
23. I just got scammed by my medical insurance policy.
24. I am obsessed with my feet.
25. I've been pickpocketed in Dubai & the UK, but never in my own country!
26. I am no big football fan, but I'll drink to Germany tonight.*
27. At 27, I've lived 2/3rds of my life in Calcutta and 1/3rd of my life in Bangalore.

* this post was typed on Friday 09.06.06

7 comments:

  1. I want proof of your Disneyland trip. Some pictures maybe ? :)

    Arent you a well travelled Tart !!!

    Interesting post I must say - Many things I did not know. Who was the first boyfriend ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, you just gotta be good at what you do so if all you can play now is the fool, then vatha play it well man!!! Bleady cheers to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the stuff you 've done sounds like so much fun to me!! My fav was No.7 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! There were so many things I could identify with (small variations this way & that) 3, 5, 7, 12, 13, 19, 20, 22 & 26:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh office romances.. or just romances.. i shall now start trying random hand-holding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ratty - rf. Disneyland - remind me on my next trip home! rf. first boyfriend - this guy in school!

    Wishful - thanx for the encouragement :o)

    Banana - tanks man!

    Sunrayz - thanx for dropping by!

    Beks - jus re-read most of the post to figure out which numbers you related too! hehehe! thanx for dropping in!

    Sac-a-delic vadaaaaa!!! i was 11 then! ...come a long way eh?! *snigger-smirk-snort* oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Solid Gold!! I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer and wear gold spandex and sparkly big hoop earrings.

    I like knowing more about you Tart.

    ReplyDelete